Ivana Vaseva is curator, reseracher and author in the field of contemporary visual arts, viewed from an interdisciplinary perscpective. She iniciates, stimulates and produces programs and reseraches that are collaborational and engaging, with an intention to confront places of desire, contest established relationships and reclaim the meaning of public, in the ways of producing art and social living.
Her topics of research are labour rights in the fields of culture and arts and ways and conditions of production of contemporary visual arts, institutionalized modernism as a general institutional framework that has to be contested and creation of new models of paricipatory spaces, through socially engaged art practices.
EXHIBITIONS / RESEARCH PROJECTS : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Curatorial projects produced by Faculty of things that can’t be learned (FR~U)
- ongoing/ 2015, July/ curator of “If Buildings Could Talk”, interdisciplinary research based project by Filip Jovanovski and other collaborators; - ongoing/ co-author, co-curator of the lecure – presentation “How my life turned into a cultural worker – the cultural workers take the stage”, jointly with Biljana Tanurovska – Kjulavkovski”. So far presented on 11.AKTO Festival, Bitola (2016); Kino Kultura, Skopje (2016); Festival “It’s first and it’s a girl”, Skopje (2018).
- 2018, October/ curator of the second edition of “The Perfect Artist” an international discursive and educational program for young artists in Skopje titled “Good practices”;
- 2018/ 23-25 August/ co-curator 13. AKTO Festival for contemporary arts “Society under construction”, Bitola (with Filip Jovanovski);
- 2017, May – 2018, July/ collabrator – reseracher of the project “Cultural spaces for active citizens”;
- 2017/ 01-02 September, Bitola and 27-28 October, Skopje/ co-curator 12. AKTO Festival for contemporary arts: POP UP AKTO Action! (with Filip Jovanovski);
- 2017, May- August/ curator of the first edition of “The Perfect Artist” an international discursive and educational program for young artists in Skopje;
- 2016/ August – December/ co-curator of the 4 – partide project POP UP 11. AKTO Festival for Contemporary Arts, happening in 4 cities successively: Bitola, Skopje, Stip and Tetovo (with Filip Jovanovski);
- 2015, July – 2016, July/ author of the lecutre/ presentation “How my life turned into a cultural worker – the cultural workers take the stage”, jointly with Biljana Tanurovska – Kjulavkovski and curatorial collaborator of the the first phase of the project “Cultural and Artistic Centre “Textile” in Shtip by Filip Jovanovski, in the frames of the project “Culture for Civic Changes”;
- 2015, 14-16 August/ co-curator of 10. AKTO Festival for contemporary arts “The ultimate golden collection of AKTO memories and futures 2006-2015” in Bitola (with Filip Jovanovski);
- 2013 – 2015/ co-curator of the ongoing project “LIVING LIBRARIES: Archives of citizen disobedience”, Bitola, Shtip, Struga, Skopje (with Jovanka Popova and Filip Jovanovski); https://zivibiblioteki.wordpress.com/about/
- 2013, November, 22 – 23/ co-curator of the regional conference “RECOLLECTION OF A CITY: Microutopias and Realities” and a workshop “AUTOMAKEDONIJA – safe place? conducted by Boris Bakal (Shadow Casters, Zagreb)/ club GEM, Skopje (with Filip Jovanovski);
- 2013, August, 9-11/ co-curator of 8.AKTO Festival for contemporary arts, Living libraries: Archives of citizen disobedience, Bitola (with Jovanka Popova and Filip Jovanovski);
- 2013, January, 23 – 26/co-curator of two discussions and a workshop RECCOLLECTION OF A CITY, NI Center of Culture – Bitola (with Filip Jovanovski);
Freelance curatorial projects
- ongoing/ co-author, co-curator of the presentation/ game “How to make a festival with 100 and 1milion Euros”(with Biljana Tanurovska-Kjulavkovski). Presented so far on Festival Locomotion (2014, Skopje), 10. AKTO Festival (2015, Bitola); „CoFestival 2015 – The Art of Co-Living” (2016, Ljubljana); “Re//Dance regional biennale for contemporary dance” (2016, Bucharest); ImPulsTanz (2017, Vienna); Antistatik festival (Sofia, 2018). - 2018, December/curator of the debate “Institution for possible futures – the collection as a resistance”, National Gallery of Macedonia – Daut Pasha amam;
- 2018, February – March/ co-curator of 12. Biennial of Young Artists “Would it be late, if time stoped”, Museum of contemporary art, Skopje (with Vladimir Janchevski and Bojana Janeva – Shemova); - 2017, December/curator of two debates “Institution for possible futures”, National Gallery of Macedonia – Daut Pasha amam; - 2017, March/ curator of the one night exhibition event “PARTISANING – traces of struggle”, The Union of People's Liberation Struggle veterans of the PLA City Board (oneyear project by Freedom Square, Skopje). One part of the project was presented on the exhibition “Testimony – Truth or Politics” in Belgrade, produced by Center for cultural decontamination and Museum of contmporary art in Belgrade (December, 2017); - 2016/ curator of the research about chance procedures and randomness in visual arts in Macedonia titled “And this numbers rize every year” - 2015, 06-11 September/ curator of the group exhibition “TODAY (art)” as part of DENES Young visual artist award in Macedonia, National Gallery of Macedonia – Cifte amam, Skopje
- 2014/ 5 December/ curator of the working session “But certainly, and Criticism to Art” as part of the Annual symposium of AICA Macedonia - an association of art critics, art historians and curators at the fields of contemporary and modern art, Club GEM, Skopje,