Artists of „CreArt“ cities are invited to apply for participation in TRANSFORMATIONS. ME, ME AND AGAIN ME exhibition in Kaunas (Lithuania).
The spring of 2020 in Europe was really different and quite unusual. Due to corona virus countries closed their borders, movement of people was limited, social media channels burst with shocking numbers of the infected and the deceased. The situation has had an irreversible impact on our world: the limitless travel that had been an established norm became impossible; most of us had to close ourselves up and stay, work and communicate only with those who live together, in confined spaces of several dozen of square meters. There has never been a lockdown of this global kind in history; it created additional chance for many people devote more time and attention for their own needs. Some used this time for reflection of their life goals, others – for search of new challenges, while still others had to come to terms with their inner demons. Many had to search for the answer how to survive in this strange time, how to not start hating oneself or keep the mind at peace.
This exhibition invites artists to explore their own life and transformations of their identity in the face of the changing reality. With the aid of various media artists are invited to express their experiences of a forced-on lockdown that brought them their inner peace of, on the contrary, produced fractures of the soul. Creators are invited to produce socially responsible, self-reflexive art, and present it for a two-artist exhibition in Kaunas (Lithuania). Traditional as well as innovative visual media forms are welcome.
Participation in exhibition is open to:
contemporary visual artists, profesionally representing the fields of visual and fine arts, born or resident in:
- Valladolid – Spain
- Genoa * and Lecce – Italy
- Clermont - Ferrand and Rouen France
- Zagreb – Croatia
- Kaunas –Lituania
- Lublin and Katowice –Poland
- Aveiro – Portugal
- Skopje - North Macedonia
- Liverpool - UK
* In the case of Artists from Genova they should be under 35.
Works of two artists only will be selected for the exhibition, one of them must represent the city of Kaunas.
Exhibition Organiser: PI Artkomas; http://www.artkomas.lt
Exhibition curator: artist, art critic Remigijus Venckus, PhD. R. Venckus defended his doctoral dissertation in the humanities in 2014; in 2005 – 2015 he has published 337 critical articles on subjects of art, media culture and creative industries. In 2008 – 2016 R. Venckus acted as art critic for the international visual arts festival „Art In Old Lithuanian Manors“ (Lithuania). Since 2002 he has held 50 solo exhibitions in Lithuania and 4 solo exhibitions abroad.
R. Venckus has been teaching subjects of media technologies and art creation in Lithuanian and foreign universities. He is currently Professor at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Faculty of Fundamental Sciences, Department of Graphic Systems. More information available at www.venckus.eu
• Applications and photographs of works should be sent in this link before 17 October 2020. If you have problems to upload the file or have any specifi question please address to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Selection of works 19/10/2020 – 23/10/2020.
• Information about the results of selection 26 October 2020.
• Exhibition opening 19/11/2020.
Commitments of the Organiser:
- 300 € grant for the artist.
- Flight tickets to the exhibition opening.
- Local travel costs.
- The accommodation costs.
- Artworks transportation costs to and from Kaunas.
- Organization of exhibition (catalogue, marketing, exhibition opening).
- Preparation of Virtual exhibition.
Application for Exhibition TRANSFORMATIONS. ME, ME AND AGAIN ME
Upload in the bottom of this page the following data in one PDF
1. Main data and Photocopy of id card: Name and Surname; Date of birth; Address; Represented city and country; Telephone number; E-mail; website and other internet links and resources.
2. Education. Please indicate the year of graduation, speciality, qualification degree, name of the educational institution, country.
3. Professional activity. Please provide the list of the most important exhibitions of the last 10 years. Please indicate the year, the title of the exhibition, the name of the gallery (museum, etc.), city and country. Please indicate if the exhibition was solo or group.
4. Works for TRANSFORMATIONS. ME, ME AND AGAIN ME exhibition. Please describe the idea of the works you plan to show at the exhibition (10 – 15 sentences). Please indicate the size, type and technique of the planned works, as well as the necessary technical, software and other equipment for the exposition.
4.2. Technical details:
4.5. Requirements for exposition:
4.6. Other remarks:
5. Samples of works. Please send pictures of your works together with your application, or send links to your works on the web. There should be no more than 10 samples of works provided.
You must Sign in / Register to apply this Open Call
Return to Open Calls