Julio Falagan (1979. Valladolid, Spain)
- Graduated in Fine Arts at Salamanca University.
- His work has been recognized with numerous awards and scholarships, such as: Scholarship Real Academia de España en Roma 2013, Residency Atelierhaus Salzamt Austria, Residency Panal 361 Argentina, Casa Velazquez 2009 Scholarship, AVAM Procesos 2009 Scholarship, 2008 Pancho Cossio National Painting Award, 2004 Generacion Honorable Mention Caja Madrid.
Shows and Exhibitions:
- His work has been exhibited in Galleries and Art Centers in countries such as the USA, Brazil, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, Australia, Argentina, Senegal, South Korea, France, Portugal, Austria or Germany.
- In 2012 I continued to develop this project in greater depth, thanks to the prestigious Fellowship awarded by Royal Spanish Academy in Rome. I expanded the project conceptually, combining two different types of popular culture in the same piece, fusing Italian and Spanish iconography. -
- In 2013 I continued the project in Austria during another important CreArt residency, the Salzamt Atelierhaus. On this occasion, in addition to mixing icons from different cultures, I also collaborated with local artist, Kurt Lachner, in order to better integrate these diverse cultural sources.
- In 2014 I was in Argentina in Panal 361 / Matadero coolab residency, working toghether with local artists and mixing ours popular cultures.
- In 2016 I was in Australia with a project in RMIT Gallery in Melbourne with an AECID Scholarship. -
- In 2019 I was in Senegal in an Ankaria Residency making the project even bigger
Information of interest and additional information about the artist:
The work of Julio Falagán revisits popular culture to launch contemporary critical messages from that innocent scene we all recognize as our own. A look into the trivial things which presents us universal questions about ourselves and our role in society. A look into the trivial things which presents us universal questions about ourselves and our role in society.