Liverpool City Council and the Bluecoat Arts Centre, Liverpool (‘The Organisers’) invites two artists from the CreArt Network to work at the Bluecoat Arts Centre in Liverpool for one calendar month between 1st - 31st March 2019.
ARTISTS ACCEPTED AND WHO CAN APPLY
There are two spaces available in this round. Artists should be born or resident – in any of the cities taking part in “CreArt. Network of Cities for Artistic Creation”
- Valladolid – Spain
- Genoa and Lecce – Italy
- Clermont - Ferrand and Rouen France
- Zagreb – Croatia
- Kaunas –Lituania
- Lublin and Katowice –Poland
- Aveiro – Poland
- Skopje - Macedonia
Preference is given to works with a wide variety and diversity from all fields of visual arts. There is no age limitation, however it is preferable to have a degree in a field of art (university level). If the applicant does not have a university degree, proof of equivalent ability must be provided through his or her artistic career. Note the dates of residency will coincide with the EU Day of Creativity on 21 March 2019:
CONDITIONS AND GRANT
The organization will cover travel expenses to Liverpool (up to € 750) for artists from other CreArt cities. They will receive € 1,000, for subsistence costs, production of works and other expenses, in two payments: the first part on arrival in Liverpool and the second payment once the project has been delivered.
Artists must have a European health card or equivalent.
The Bluecoat regularly hosts national and international residencies. More information can be found here: http://www.thebluecoat.org.uk/content/residencies-at-bluecoat
Artists from other CreArt cities will stay in a residence selected by the Organization and will cover accommodation and breakfast
Liverpool AiR PROGRAMME
*LCC and Bluecoat will introduce the CreArt artist to the local artists’ community (in informal meetings, etc., where the artist will have the opportunity to present his/her work and art)
* The artist will have open days for visitors, and will contribute to the EU Day of Creativity www.europeandayofartisticcreativity.eu/
LCC and Bluecoat will make a final public presentation of the artworks created during the residency and a publication about the AiR will be edited.
* Artists commit to attend daily and work in the residence.
* At the end of the residency, the artists should prepare a final report. After the delivery of this report, the second payment will be made. The artist will have one month to forward the report. This will include: title, project description, objectives and graphic dossier (minimum of 10 pages).
ARE YOU INTERESTED? Please complete the application form in https://creart2-eu.org/open-calls/
- The following attached documentation is required in one document PDF:
- ID or passport (scanned copy);
- A short version of your resume/CV (one side of A4)
- Documentation material recent and related to the project (maximum 5 pages and 5 pictures. You can include links);
- A short written project proposal (one side of A4).
- Confirmation of Dates available
Only applications with complete information will be accepted. It must be submitted before 17 January December 2019. We will inform all participants by 27January 2019, and the shortlist will be published in the CreArt website. The organiser’s decision is final and there is no appeal process.
The Participation in this call implies the acceptance of these conditions, and the artist selected should include then in their CV and in all future communications (press, digital media), that they have been selected to participate in the CreArt Artist in Residence program at Bluecoat Arts Centre Liverpool as part of the CreArt. Network of Cities for Artistic Creation, project co-funded by the European Union.
Please forward applications by 17 January 2019.
Applications will be considered by Culture Liverpool and The Bluecoat curators.
Successful applicants will be informed by 27 January 2019.
Return to CreArt News