DUAL EXHIBITION “IMMAGINI, IMMAGINARI” IN LECCE (ITALY)
1 PURPOSE OF THE OPEN CALL
Municipality of Lecce, within the european project CreArt (Network of Cities for Artistic Creation – www.creart2-eu.org - www.comune.lecce.it/amministrazione/settori/programmazione-strategica-e-comunitaria-cultura-turismo-spettacolo-e-sport/progetti/creart-network-of-cities-for-artistic-creation), opens a new call to invite artists born or residing in cities participant in the CreArt project to participate in the Dual Exhibition "Immagini, Immaginari" that will be presented in an Exhibition Space from the Comune di Lecce (Pendinjg confirmation)
"Immagini, Immaginari" is a dual exhibition including:
a) one (1) artist born or residing in Lecce;
b) one (1) born or residing in the rest of the cities participant in the CreArt project:
> Aveiro (PT)
> Clermont – Ferrand (FR)
> Genoa (IT) *
> Katowice (PL)
> Kaunas (LT)
> Liverpool (UK)
> Lublin (PL)
> Rouen (FR)
> Skopje (MK)
> Valladolid (ES)
> Zagreb (HR)
Applicants from Genoa should be under 35
2 CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
The organization (Municipality of Lecce) will cover:
- installation, transport and insurance of artworks costs.
- costs of promotion and dissemination, including a catalogue.
- travel, accommodation and subsistence costs for the foreign artist selected (on the occasion of the installation and opening of the exhibition - maximum 2 days).
- artists fees: each selected artist will receive € 800 (including taxes) for fees.
3 HOW TO APPLY
The following attached documentation is required in a single PDF document:
• ID or passport (scanned copy) and/or any kind of document that proofs your connection to your CreArt home city;
• A short version of your curriculum vitae (maximum one A4 sheet)
• A brief written project proposal (maximum one A4 sheet)
• Graphic documentation related to the proposal and possible works that could be included in the exhibition.
Only applications with complete information will be accepted before September 20th, 2020.
4 SELECTION PROCEDURE
The curator will examine each of the proposals presented, studying the quality, the feasibility of the same, and their adaptation to the concept of the exhibition and the room where it is presented. The curator, with the collaboration of CreArt, will choose two artists, one from the city of Lecce, and another from the other cities of the CreArt network.
CreArt Lecce will inform all participants by email, before 5th October 2020, and the names of the two selected artists will be published on the project website.
The participation in this call implies the acceptance of these bases and the selected artists must include in their CV and in all future communications (press, digital media) that have been selected to participate in the Dual Exhibition in Lecce. CreArt. Network of Cities for Artistic Creation, a project co-financed by the European
Union. This commitment will be sent by written and signed.
What value does the image within the work of art have today? Many contemporary artists have returned to the themes of painting, drawing on the imagery of the history of art and life. Painting is an artistic genre that continues to belong to the contemporary: we would like to investigate it, through a double exhibition of two
young people linked to the CreArt network. We are very interested in research related to drawing and those that focus on the human body and its declinations.
Return to CreArt News